Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hey all!  I've been at the Park Cafe since Monday, and it's been a great week!  I went on a little hike on Tuesday, and have worked Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, today, and I'm cooking again tomorrow morning.  The ACMNP services are going to begin on June 9.  MY ACMNP teammate got here today!
On my hike on Tuesday, a few of us were planning on heading towards Red Rock Falls, which is out of the Swiftcurrent area, and we began walking up the trail, and there is a bridge about 400-500 ft up the trail.  We saw two young guys standing on the other side of the bridge waving at us, and we couldn't figure out why, until we stepped on the bridge, and I looked down and saw a BIG nose sticking out from under the bridge.  There was a rather large black bear standing under the bridge, in the river, and he came out from under the bridge, as I was standing on the bridge.  We quickly walked backwards, a couple people pulled their bear spray, and he really didn't even care that we were there.  So we abandoned hiking that trail, and instead hiked up to Apikuni Falls, a short 1 mile hike, but it gains about 800 ft in elevation.  It was a good first hike to set out on here in Glacier.  I'm excited to have a full day off, and having earned enough in tips already to buy my park pass, I will do that, and go exploring a little more when I have a full day off.  As for now, I have a lot of laundry to do.  Laundry can wait a little bit though.  Last night I saw the most intense display of the Northern Lights I have seen in my life.  It was absolutely incredible.  There was a large group of us from the cafe who were sitting out in the cafe parking lot from about 11:30 to 1:30 just in awe at the display the Northern Lights were putting on.  They were moving, pulsating, and just lighting up the sky in a beautiful green!  I hope there are many more displays this summer, so I might get to see them from somewhere other than the parking lot! It really was pretty special though, getting to see the Northern Lights with so many people I live and work with this summer.  I'm excited to begin the duties of the ministry, and get to spend a few more months here at the Crown of the Continent, Glacier National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment